Our TEDxUQ Event Day Volunteers provide invaluable assistance to our Core Crew on Event Day. Our Event Day Volunteers are there to engage with the attendees and help ensure they have the best possible experience. This is an opportunity to be involved in the action and can act as a stepping stone to a year-round role with the Core Crew.
Attributes we are looking for in our volunteers:
- Initiative – The event day will be busy and volunteers are expected to be proactive in completing tasks.
- Professionalism – Volunteers will be wearing a TEDxUQ shirt, representing both TEDxUQ and the global TED brand.
- Punctuality – The event day will be very full on and we will require all hands-on deck. Therefore, volunteers are to arrive on time for their allocated shifts.
- Teamwork – Volunteers will be working in teams and being a good team player is vital.
Here are some of the roles available:
- Info Booth
- Food and Beverage Stations
There are some specialised roles available as well:
- Event Day Marketing Team
- First Aid (Current First Aid Certificate required)
- Accessibility Attendant
If this sounds like you, express your interest to be a TEDxUQ Event Day Volunteer!