Small Ripples, Big Waves.
TEDxUQ turns 10 this year. Established by a third-year UQ student in 2013, the event has evolved from a 100-person affair to selling out 500 tickets in recent years. To celebrate this milestone, Contact Magazine caught up with some of the UQ community members who have been part of TEDxUQ over the years.
- Read more: Top 3 talks for 2022
- Read more: TEDxUQ 2013: 10 Years Later
- Read more: How Composting Could Combat Climate Change
- Read more: Navigating Sustainability: Kristen Lyons On Aiding Effective Environmental Change
- Read more: Peter Greste’s Fight for Press Freedom in Australia: One Year On
- Read more: The Books on Simon Cleary’s Bedside Table
STAY in the loop
Subscribe to our newsletter
WHAT IS TEDx?
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxUQ, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxUQ event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.
Ideas Worth Spreading
Celebrating our tenth-year anniversary in 2023, TEDxUQ continues the commitment to curate a TED-like experience for the UQ and wider Brisbane communities. Join us on our journey as we continue to celebrate innovative ideas and inspire change.